CLASSIFIED EMPLOYMENT ON-LINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The Board of Trustees and staff are pleased that you are interested in submitting an application for employment with Compton College. To assist you in completing the application, the following instructions are provided.
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
- Complete the application on-line by typing the information in the boxes. You should complete all sections of the application even if the entries duplicate information on your resume. Screening committees may consider your application incomplete if you refer to your resume or other source for information. Occasionally, the on-line application or form makes it difficult to summarize background and qualifications. You may submit additional pages or a cover letter to summarize information you wish to be considered by attaching it in the provided space. For consideration in the selection process, please submit the following:
All application materials for the position must be attached to your on line application by the closing date listed on the Job Announcement.
- A resume
- Unofficial transcripts
- Any other materials requested in the Job Announcement
- If you wish to apply for more than one position, you must attach your application profile to each position you are applying. Human Resources Department does not retrieve documents from personnel files or previously submitted application packets. Current employees may make an appointment to see their personnel file and have copies made of selected documents and attach it to the online application.
- The application form is used as part of the screening process and should represent your best effort. A poorly completed application may work against you during the evaluation of your abilities.
- Following the closing date, your application materials (if complete) will be forwarded to the screening committee. Candidates selected for further consideration by the committee will be required to appear before the committee for an interview and possible testing, demonstrations, etc. Finalists will be required to return for an additional interview with the Provost/CEO or his/her designee. Applicants not chosen for an interview will be notified by mail when the screening committee has concluded its review; normally within three (3) weeks after the closing date.
- Travel reimbursement is available for candidates who qualify under current Board policy. Please ask about qualifications for such reimbursement.
- Offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. Fingerprinting and a criminal background check will be conducted upon employment. If you have any questions regarding the application, screening or selection processes, please contact Human Resources Department at (310) 900-1600, extension 2144.
Any individual with a disability, who requires reasonable accommodation, may request assistance by contacting the Human Resources Office or by completing form PC1105 a minimum of five (5) working days prior to the closing date for a position.
Compton Community College District is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, marital status, denial of Family & Medical Care Leave, national origin (including language limitations), ancestry, medical condition (cancer/genetic characteristics), age (40 and above), disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation, or other protected classes, or obligations to the National Guard or Reserve Forces of the United States. For specific details on this policy, please contact Kemisha Roston,, EEO Compliance Officer, at (310) 900-1600, extension 2144.